"Who should I call or email when I don't know where to start, or if I don't know where to go next?"
The Public Access Room - firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll help you find what you're looking for. We're a local phone call away from all Neighbor Islands!
Here are the toll-free
|Hawaii (Big Island):|| 974-4000, ext. 7-0478|
|Kauai: ||274-3141, ext. 7-0478|
|Lanai: ||1-800-468-4644, ext. 7-0478|
|Maui: ||984-2400, ext. 7-0478|
|Molokai: ||1-800-468-4644, ext. 7-0478|
|Via our TTY device, use the number listed above with ext. 7-0793.|
"Where's the one website I should run to for all sorts of fast information?"
The Hawaii State Legislature's website - www.capitol.hawaii.gov
From there, it's as simple as clicking on the links...
- Find your legislators - enter your street name in the box in the upper right-hand corner
- Who's on which committees - click on "Committees" button in center screen
- Find the bill that interests you - use the "Keywords" search box on the left side of the screen
- Find out when it will have a hearing (during Legislative session) - use the "Hearings by Measure" search box on the left side of the screen
- Submit testimony (about a specific bill) - click on "Submit Testimony" button in center screen
- Keep track of that bill - click on "Measure Tracking" button in center screen
- What the law says about a topic - use "Hawaii Revised Statutes" search box on the left side of the screen
"Where's the website to find more in-depth information?"
Right Here! The Public Access Room's website - http://lrbhawaii.org/par
Click on, Walk Through Session, to learn more about
how the legislative session unfolds; key deadlines and documents; and
tips on how to participate effectively. Also, check out our past Newsletters for practical
tips and information to help you understand the legislative process.