Rule 67. Petitions, Memorials, and Miscellaneous Communications|
(1) Any person may petition the Senate. Petitions and other
memorials, except as provided in Rule 60, shall be in writing,
signed by the petitioners.
(2) All petitions, memorials and other papers addressed to
the Senate or to the President and members shall be presented to
the Senate by the Clerk.
(3) A brief statement of the contents of such petitions,
memorials or other papers shall be made orally by the Clerk.
(4) Every such petition, memorial or other paper shall be
ordered filed or referred to a committee, as of course, by the
President, unless such action is objected to by a member at the
time such petition, memorial or other paper is presented.
(5) No such petition, memorial or other paper shall be
debated on the day it is presented, except with the consent of